Jumpstart your venture
build a compelling business plan
Throughout this course, get a pragmatic but holistic view of all aspects of your business concept. Shape a compelling plan able to convince customers, investors and partners.
Introduction to the course
- Course Agenda, Methodology & Tools
- Breaking the ice exercise: one-to-one elevator pitches
Corporate & Business Strategy
Work on your business model assumptions.
- Formalize your business model using the Business Model Canvas.
- Trainers challenge your business model, help you build alternative scenarios.
- Learn about the lean startup model.
Leadership and founders
Understand leadership and the power of vision.
Leadership examples and pitfalls.
Express and share your vision and your values.
Advisors to the founders.
Organize your team and understand how to support the organization along the phases of evolution
Set key milestones, understand company lifecycle
Human Resources, roles and delegation.
Executive and non-executive responsibilities.
Lean organization and management of resources.
Product and service development
Learn the basic principles of product development
- Waterfall, Agile and Lean product development process
- Product-to-market and business options
- Product unique values, design and product lifecycles
- Make or Buy, Gross Margins
Market analysis and competitive intelligence
How to make the most of market data, information on competitors, and conduct your own analysis to ensure the most appropriate positioning for your solutions from the start.
- Understanding your target market supply, demand and competitive environment
- Using the SWOT analysis tool
Understand the principles of marketing and lead generation in B2B and B2C situations
- Understand and focus on your customer business problem
- Branding, Marketing funnel, B2B marketing
- e-marketing, key performance indicators, community management
Understand key financial elements for startups
- Revenue models and projections
- Cost of acquiring customers, know your cost structure
- Profit and loss and cash flow statements
- Funding options, Paths and milestones
Intro to Business Plan
Introduction to inspiring, highly efficient business plans
- A story to tell
- Business Plan structure and tips
Learn the tips of impactful presentations
- Presentation styles, Story telling
- The Succes(s) method
- Design, page layout and visuals
- Preparation and adapting to the audience
Introduction to the principles of negotiation
- Key principles, attitude and objectives
- Understanding the other party’s interests, finding a common ground
- Soft and hard factors, must have, nice to have, best alternative to negotiated agreement
- Negotiation exercises with customers, investors or partners
Introduction to sales and sales management
- Correctly address sales as a key driver of success of a venture
- Models of sales organization (direct, channel, web, account)
- The process, from lead generation to closing and retaining clients, funnel and pipeline
- Management of sales, the routines and the tools
- Sales call and pipeline management exercises
Get an overview of legal issues you may face when formally launching a venture
- Choosing the appropriate company structure (Sàrl v. SA)
- Commercial contracts
- Financing rounds legal considerations
- Employees contracts and incentive plans
Overview of the Intellectual property aspects of a venture
- Patents, trademarks,design and copyrights
- Principles, requirements, filing and tips
Pitching to a panel from CTI
- Presentation workshop
- Pitching to the panel